CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Our Ballerina has her own style!




Ok, All you Mamas of girls out there have told me this would happen. It's happened....actually it happened a couple of years ago. I just recently have given it up! You know what I mean....given up the battle for style. I mean who really cares if you wear go-go boots (thanks Aunt Jenny) with a leotard and tights. I would not pick this outfit, BUT Caroline would. Believe it or not (I'm sure you Mommys of girls out there have no problem believing this) but this is not the most eccentric thing she has pulled together. I DO draw a line with stripes and plaids or floral and stripes or oh my goodness all kinds of stuff. As Chris says, "There are bigger hills to die on." Oh how tempted I am to climb this hill though.


I do take joy in the fact that God has made my little girl in a unique way to bring glory to Him. I just have to constantly remember that the unique way He made her is not like the way He made me. Neither one of them is right or wrong....just both for His glory in different ways. But somewhere in the Bible doesn't it say we should at least match? :)

5 comments:

The Andrews Family said...

Oh Jan...I feel your "growing pains" try to find the humor in it, cause that hill keeps getting bigger! 8)

Susan said...

Hey Jan,
Decided to take a look at your blog and I say "Let her go!" I love the outfit-ha! Maybe because I also like mixing stripes & florals and florals & plaids.......(the art student in me!)
She's a doll,
Susan-box-cutter-Lytle :-)

The Boerners said...

I'd love to see the "fashion statement photos" of you, Jan, when you were Caroline's age. I wouldn't be surprised if your mama could tell some stories, too!

Anonymous said...

50% style, 50% fashion...100% my pretty pretty princess!

sarah said...

Ok Jan- my girls have come up with some funny outfits as well- the one day I decided to join them- we had crazy hair day as well. Now we did not go anywhere that day(my pride wouldn't let me), but it was fun just being silly with them!