CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pops the Amazing (A tribute to Daddy from Garrett)

You can find him working for our family, his company and our God. My Dad is always doing one of these. Never taking time for himself always doing something for the benefit of another person is his goal. His care and love for our family is such an example to me.

A few days after Christmas I had the pleasure of being able to go to work with my Dad. Everyone who I talked to and encountered had something good to say about my Dad. Plus, they always smiled and appreciated him. I could tell that my Daddy had impacted the live of many just by being kind to others and doing numerous favors in his life as a business man.

His love for God impresses me and makes me want to be just like him. Every morning that I see him in his room he is praying and reading his Bible faithfully. Just by him doing this it encourages me to read the Bible and pray to God more faithfully.

In all (I mean all) of his spare time he is doing something for the family.

Examples:

1. Taking time off work to coach Brady's baseball team

2. Taking every child on a date monthly

3. Even if he works on the house he does it with us and rewards us very kindly

4. Watching the Braves game with us (which he enjoys) while working on IBM stuff. However, he answers all our questions about baseball and listens to us about new baseball info such as new trades, contracts etc.

5. The other day I went on a date with him. We went to breakfast together. Then went to the hardwood flooring place to pick out some samples for the new house. Before we got to the store I was thinking how boring! However, it wasn't, he took my opinion into high consideration and helped me understand the difference between engineered flooring and solid wood flooring. Just by spending time with me and talking to me about hardwood floors blessed me greatly. Because he cared about my opinion and my ideas he made me feel very special.

Dad, I love the way that you put what is important to you first in your life which is serving God!

I love you!
Garrett

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PICTURES OF CHRIS, THEY ARE ALREADY UP FOR EVERYONE TO ADMIRE IN OUR OFFICE, WHAT A LOVELY SMILE HE HAS

Anonymous said...

Garrett,
You are every bit as good a writer as your brother, Ri. Wow! What a great tribute to your Dad. Keep up the great contributions to this web site when you can get Ri away from the computer.

Chris,
What an inspiration you are to others. For your son to see what you are trying to accomplish in your life and be able to express it in such a beautiful way is a real...well, it is just fantastic! We love you.
Nean and Coach

Jenn said...

Hey guys,

Found your blog - so neat to be honoring your dad Garrett!
Thankful for all of you guys!!