CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Sweet Caroline

Our precious girl turned seven in early December, but I have had little time to spend blogging. However, I do not want to miss the opportunity to honor our little sweetie. Caroline is a blessing in so many ways to our family. We are forever changed by the way God has used Caroline in our lives. Her sweet way of thinking of others first, giving gifts from her heart and serving us is cherished by each of us and by her heavenly Father.

I remember the first night I spent with her in the hospital when she was born. She looked so much like my boys did as babies yet there was a definite girlie look to her. It was that night that I knew I needed a little girl. I never had a strong desire for a daughter until I looked in her little tiny face that first night. Then my heart was captured. She and I have been "tight" ever since. :)

She might tell you she's a "Daddy's girl" but I know better. :) Caroline and I love being "da girls" at the Watkins' house. We do girlie things together and she has taught me that being a girl is even more fun when you have someone being a girl with you. Even though our boys (not the Daddy) tease us about being girls and even roll their eyes at us on occasion, we know they really like the fact that we are girly. :) What would they do without us?!

Caroline, your Daddy and I love you with all our heart and are amazed and honored that God picked us to lead you through this life as your parents. We rejoice with you as God led you to make the decision last month to ask Jesus to be your Savior. We know that as you trust in Him He will always be faithful. He loves you even more than we do. What an amazing thing He did for us by choosing us to be His children. We can rejoice for all eternity together now. Yea Caroline! Yea God!













Caroline with Coach and cousins Elise and Avery



Caroline and Piper (best friends through thick and thin)

























2 comments:

Chillin' with the Friesens said...

awwww.. you were so cute as a baby Caroline(you're cute now too)!! Thanks for posting pictures Mrs. Watkins!!!
Happy REALLY Belated birthday Caroline!!!
Abby

Hannah Elisabeth said...

what a sweet post about precious Caroline!! I love the pic with everyone in white and khaki they all seem so little :) anyway, what a blessing---i agree, it is fun to be girly!! living in a house of boys myself, me and mom definitely agree!!